Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Dregs of Mount Adams

I recently ran across the Cincinnati blog justforview, which included a great post on the evolution of the urban environment - in this case, one where nature has overcome, and revealed, the neglect of once thriving construction. Of course, I was attracted to this perspective because of my own recent infatuation with the historical nature of the ruins that lay scattered throughout the city, though, as justforview points out, there is also a beauty within this integration (as any Ecotecturist would rightly concur).

This has inspired me to post some extraneous photos (minus the historical research/significance), which I took en route to recording the subjects of several of my recent posts...


Oregon Street, Mount Adams [3/3/8].
Heading east on Oregon, I took this (and the following photos) on the way to researching the Incline. I like the dichotomy of the building styles & materials of the different eras, as well as the height in this shot - it could be a metaphor for some of the views on preservation in this city.



Oregon Street, Mount Adams [3/3/8].
This is further east on Oregon (the following photos are details of this wide shot).


Oregon Street, Mount Adams [3/3/8].
Looking down to Oregon from a deserted lot (on the right side of the wide shot).
























Oregon Street, Mount Adams [3/3/8].
More details of the above wide shot.

No comments: